- View Offline
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Defining the life cycle and scope of small projects
- Identifying the project customer and other stakeholders
- Determining the right level of management
- Scheduling work
- Managing risk
- Keeping things moving
- Evaluating the project
- Getting sign-off and tying up loose ends<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Bonnie Biafore, and this is Managing Small Projects. This course covers how to manage small projects effectively, from beginning to end. We'll begin by examining the characteristics of small projects, and looking at the life cycle of managing them. Then, I'll guide you through getting a project started, beginning with identifying the customer, and the goal of the project, defining what the project will deliver, and how you'll know whether it's successful. I'll provide tips for getting things done once the project work begins, and tracking where things stand as the work progresses, so the project stays on-time and within budget.
Finally, we'll go over the steps to perform at the end of the project to tie up loose ends, and help you make your next project an even bigger success. Running a successful small project depends on the right tools applies in the right quantities. I'll introduce you to these tools, and show you how to use them in managing small projects.