Managing Project Teams
In this course, author and PMP Bob McGannon teaches you how to understand team members, build a strong team from your talent pool, shape their work, and maximize success.
Along the way, discover how to negotiate for key resources, appreciate and maximize individual working styles, use emotional intelligence to add a personal approach to your management style, and resolve conflict.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding the four key work styles
- Negotiating for your team
- Sharing a common objective
- Making team rules
- Directing the team
- Solving team conflicts
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Hi, I'm Bob McGannon and this is Managing Project Teams. This course provides hints and tips for managing the collection of capabilities and personalities that make up your project team. As project managers, we depend on our project teams to achieve project goals. As a result, successfully managing teams is a major aspect of project management. We will start by examining the four most common work-style preferences people bring to your project team.
How to recognize those styles, and how to make the most of those styles during the life cycle of your project. Next, I will describe how to best build your project team considering it is very unlikely that you are the direct line manager for your team members. We'll then explore how to leverage the team's capabilities in the best way. We'll also look at the most common team-development stages, and examine the best way to use your project manager role to influence the team. Having the right tools and techniques in your toolkit to maximize the performance and morale of your project team can make the job of managing a project much easier.
I will introduce you to these tools and techniques in Managing Project Teams.
Preventing Scope Creep121,978 Views
Rescuing Troubled Projects92,175 Views
Managing Project Risk123,274 Views
Managing Project Procurement82,591 Views
Managing Project Communication238,030 Views
Project Management Fundamentals (2011)3,738,899 Views
Management Tips1,692,822 Views
Microsoft® Project 2013 Essential Training1,635,867 Views
Deke's Techniques1,560,305 Views