Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Define project procurement.
- Distinguish when to use vendors and partners.
- Compare and contrast building versus buying.
- Identify different types of contracts.
- List types of payment approaches.
- Test your market.
- Build and use a request for information (RFI).
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- Hi, I'm Bob McGannon, and this is Managing Project Procurement. This course covers the processes and techniques you need to effectively plan, execute and manage procurement exercises as part of your project. We'll start by examining procurement fundamentals including the most common reasons and approaches for procuring products as part of your project. Next, I will describe common contract structures that you can use to document your procurement agreements including the support that follows the sale.
Lastly, I will present techniques for market testing including the request for information, request for quote and request for proposal procurement tools. In today's business world, projects are becoming more complex and the organizations we work in cannot deliver projects without assistance from partners and vendors. I will introduce you to the best ways you can investigate engage and work with these vendors and partners in managing project procurement.