Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Choosing a management style
- Hiring employees
- Coaching employees
- Managing team performance
- Establishing trust
- Motivating and engaging others
- Delegating responsibilities
- Avoiding micromanagement
- Managing remote employees
- Knowing HR regulations<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Skill Level Intermediate
- Welcome to Management Fundamentals. If you're watching this course, it's likely that you're a manager or soon will be. Congratulations. Managers play essential role in every organization, but it's good managers who drive any organization to success. I'm Doctor Britt Andreatta. Not only have I spent my professional career teaching and training on leadership and management, I've also managed people. I've supervised numerous teams, from as small as one employee to as large as a hundred, with layers of managers between me and the front-line staff.
I've experienced all of the highs and lows of management, and I'm pleased that I can support you as you step into this very important role. In this course, I'll share with you specific tips and strategies for increasing your competency in a range of key management skills. We'll look at how you can design a performance management process that guides your interactions with employees year-round. This includes hiring, onboarding, goal setting and coaching. We'll also look at how you can maximize the potential of those you lead through building trust and engaging your employees, you'll be able to guide their ongoing growth and development.
We'll even delve into common issues like resolving conflict, managing multiple generations and avoiding micro-management. And finally we'll explore how you can help your organization achieve its goals through key business skills, like managing projects, complying with policies and good budget practices. So, let's get started.