Employees have all sorts of legal issues associated with them. Whether they're full-time, part-time, or contract employees, you need to know what the laws are and ensure the way you deal with those people complies with all legal requirements. Involve a qualified attorney to help you deal with these issues.
- Employees carry all sorts of legal requirements with them.…This is definitely a place to consult an employment lawyer…before you hire anyone.…It's easy to make a mistake, even during…the interviewing process and that mistake…can cause you to run afoul of multiple laws.…You'll also have to deal with contractors.…Contractors can be reasonably easy.…A simple contractor agreement should suffice.…Again, get legal assistance with drafting one.…Also, be sure you're aware of any legal issues…related to retaining contractors so you don't accidentally…turn them into an employee without realizing it.…
For employees and contractors, adhere to all labor laws…and understand issues that could trip you up…like treating a contractor like an employee.…If you govern too much of a contractor's daily work…and you're their only client, you run the risk…of them being considered an employee.…That triggers all sorts of tax and employment law issues.…Get legal advice on how to properly handle relationships…with contractors so this doesn't happen.…
- Identify types of consulting business models.
- Describe revenue models.
- Explain how to estimate and manage costs.
- Price services using pricing strategies.
- Explain how to negotiate deals with clients.
- List effects of responding to RFPs.
- Identify the phases of constructing a consulting engagement.
- Present findings and implement recommendations.
- Describe different ways to manage legal issues.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Define Your Consulting Business
2. Marketing and Selling
3. Contract and Protect Yourself
4. Run the Consulting Engagement
5. Handle Administration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.