Paying taxes is unavoidable. If you don't properly prepare for paying them, you could run into huge financial issues. You need to understand the types of taxes you have to pay like federal, state, local, employment, and commercial activity taxes. You need the right information to be able to file tax reports on time. You also need to properly reserve for and pay your taxes as required, which may mean quarterly payments.
- Paying taxes is unavoidable.…If you don't properly handle taxes,…you could run into big financial issues.…If you plan taxes well, you can save a lot of money.…Know the taxes you have to pay, like federal, state,…local, employment, and commercial activity taxes.…Once you know what you need to pay,…find out the reporting and payment requirements.…Seek counsel from a good accountant…who can help you understand what can be…a very complex topic.…You'll need the right information to be able…to file tax reports on time.…
Ensure your accounting software and record keeping…are up to the task of gathering and storing…your tax information.…In many cases, you'll need supporting documentation…like receipts, canceled checks and bank statements…to support the financial results you report…to the tax agencies.…You'll also need to properly reserve and pay your taxes…as required.…This may mean making quarterly tax payments.…When I first started my consulting firm,…what I learned was I needed to set that money aside.…
I got some great guidance from an accounting friend…
- Working as a consultant
- Generating revenue as a consultant
- Cost structures, pricing, finances, and taxes
- Marketing and selling consulting services
- Negotiating and contracting
- Working with clients
- Presenting findings to clients
- Implementing recommendations
- Managing legal issues
- Insuring a business
- Getting licensed and certified
Skill Level Beginner
Understanding Intellectual Propertywith Dana Robinson1h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Define Your Consulting Business
2. Marketing and Selling
3. Contract and Protect Yourself
4. Run the Consulting Engagement
5. Handle Administration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.