Learn how to work with your stakeholders to ensure everyone has the same shared vision for the success of your agile project.
- If you try to run your Agile project…without a clear definition of where you're going…and what success looks like,…you'll end up with confused team members…and unhappy stakeholders.…Agile, for all its flexibility, understands this…and has developed some tools to help maintain…stakeholder expectations.…In traditional project management, project charters…have been used to establish success criteria for projects.…The charter was used to define the project's finite scope.…
Agile charters, however, focus more…on the goals of the project…than what specifically will be built.…This allows uncertainty to be acknowledged up front.…While Agile doesn't propose using a specific template…for the chartering activity,…it does want teams to focus on the activity…of having this discussion.…At a minimum, when you establish your project charter,…you'll define the W5H,…the five whys and how of your project.…
Who will be engaged in your project,…including team members and stakeholders?…What will the project be about?…This is your high level mission, vision, and goals.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. PMI, PMP, and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Agile principles and the agile mindset
- Defining valuable deliverables
- Engaging your stakeholders
- Collaborating across stakeholders
- Planning agile projects
- Troubleshooting projects
- Continuous improvement