Getting the word out about your firm can be time consuming. You need to manage various social media accounts, your website, your blog, and any other marketing platforms. This requires a content strategy, active monitoring, and automation. If you choose not to do this yourself, you can contract with a variety of firms or delegate to team members to do the work for you, but you still need to be actively engaged in the content distributed on these platforms.
- Getting the word out about your firm is time consuming.…You'll manage social media accounts,…your website and blog and other marketing platforms.…This requires a content strategy, active monitoring,…and automation.…If you choose not to do this yourself,…you can contract with a variety of firms…or delegate this work to team members…and have them do it for you, but you'll still need…to be actively engaged with the content…that's distributed on these platforms.…
There are a few keys to effective marketing platform…management.…Consistency matters.…Have a consistent message, a consistent look and feel…to your accounts and your sites and a consistent…publishing schedule.…It's not worth having a blog if you…only publish occasionally.…The same holds true for platforms…like other social media accounts.…Go to your customers.…If your target market is predominantly on LinkedIn,…but you spend all your time on other platforms,…you're missing the real opportunity.…
Understand your customers and the platforms they use.…Let your content sell your services.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identify types of consulting business models.
- Describe revenue models.
- Explain how to estimate and manage costs.
- Price services using pricing strategies.
- Explain how to negotiate deals with clients.
- List effects of responding to RFPs.
- Identify the phases of constructing a consulting engagement.
- Present findings and implement recommendations.
- Describe different ways to manage legal issues.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Define Your Consulting Business
2. Marketing and Selling
3. Contract and Protect Yourself
4. Run the Consulting Engagement
5. Handle Administration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.