Employees need to get paid, have their performance managed, and be taken care of administratively. You need to conduct background checks and drug screenings, pay and promote them, report taxes, pay employment taxes, enforce policies, administer health and retirement benefits, coach and develop them. You spend as much time managing your employees as you do serving your clients.
- Employees need to get paid,…have their performance managed,…and be taken care of administratively…for hiring, firing, resigning, and retiring.…For hiring, you'll need to manage your recruiting process,…and when you find someone you like…you need to onboard them after you hire them.…Many of your clients will ask…you to conduct background checks and drug screenings…on your people before you send them to work…at the client location.…During the onboarding process,…you'll need to set your people up to get paid…and get their tax information…so you can report and pay taxes on them.…
This includes paying the employer's share…of things like social security tax.…If you offer benefits,…you'll need to get your employees set up on those plans.…You might offer health and retirement benefits,…which can be complex to offer and administer.…The good news is there are companies out there…that specialize in offering and managing benefits programs…for small companies and consulting firms…that might not be large enough…to manage those plans themselves.…
- Identify types of consulting business models.
- Describe revenue models.
- Explain how to estimate and manage costs.
- Price services using pricing strategies.
- Explain how to negotiate deals with clients.
- List effects of responding to RFPs.
- Identify the phases of constructing a consulting engagement.
- Present findings and implement recommendations.
- Describe different ways to manage legal issues.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Define Your Consulting Business
2. Marketing and Selling
3. Contract and Protect Yourself
4. Run the Consulting Engagement
5. Handle Administration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.