Many projects will have team members from the client side. These responsibilities are usually in addition to their daily responsibilities. You need to treat them like team members by involving them in the project, being specific about their deliverables and timing, and managing their performance. The more effectively you integrate them into the team, the higher the quality of the output and the more buy in you have for your recommendations.
- Most of the projects you run will include team members…from the client side.…These responsibilities are usually in addition…to their daily responsibilities.…Treat clients like full team members because they are.…Involve them in the project by being specific…about their deliverables and their timing.…You'll also need to manage their performance.…At Volt Leaders, we were serving another consulting firm.…This project had three major work streams.…
For each work stream, we ask for our client individual…to be assigned to that work stream.…They had specific deliverables and timing…that they had to have their work to us.…When I worked for another major consulting firm,…we were working with an industrial manufacturer.…We were trying to help them reduce the cost of goods…they were buying.…For each category of good that we were trying to procure,…we had a client executive assigned to that work stream.…
They were responsible for helping us understand the category…and working with their existing suppliers…as part of those supplier relationships.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identify types of consulting business models.
- Describe revenue models.
- Explain how to estimate and manage costs.
- Price services using pricing strategies.
- Explain how to negotiate deals with clients.
- List effects of responding to RFPs.
- Identify the phases of constructing a consulting engagement.
- Present findings and implement recommendations.
- Describe different ways to manage legal issues.
Skill Level Beginner
Understanding Intellectual Propertywith Dana Robinson1h 31m Intermediate
1. Define Your Consulting Business
2. Marketing and Selling
3. Contract and Protect Yourself
4. Run the Consulting Engagement
5. Handle Administration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.