Join Simon T. Bailey for an in-depth discussion in this video Making your boss a hero, part of Building Business Relationships.
Your boss is a leader of people and their…success is now defined by the achievements of their team.…The primary role of any leader is to develop, grow, and support the members of…their team and in turn, you grow and develop into a successful employee.…To reach your goals, formulate a strategy to…first focus on how you will make your boss…look brilliant.…Here are some simple methods to get you started.…
Ask for help.…Go to your boss and ask what can you do to make yourself more successful.…This may seem simple, but remember, their job…is to develop you and now you're asking.…Be a go-getter.…Ask your boss to delegate tasks to you. This will help…you hone your skills and work with projects above your current position.…When I worked for an organization, my boss delegated a project to me.…I had to organize a very important client site inspection to our organization.…
This was my fist time doing anything like this in my life.…It forced me out of my comfort zone.…I had to partner with several departments,…hold a series of meetings to ensure everything was correct,…
Discover how you can build meaningful rapport, set yourself up for visibility and success, manage up when you don't click, develop executive presence, and cross-train within a team to better serve the organization.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding the four key business relationships
- Building relationships in person and virtually
- Supporting your manager's objectives
- Articulating your needs to your manager
- Managing up
- Communicating with difficult team members
- Resolving cross-department conflict
- Identifying mentors and sponsors
- Making first impressions with executives<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.