Join Judy Steiner-Williams for an in-depth discussion in this video Making reports reader-friendly, part of Writing Business Reports.
- Having a reader-friendly business report…is not the same as having a friendly business report reader.…However, you can probably have a more friendly reader,…if you make certain your report is reader-friendly.…As you've progressed through the report writing process,…you've made certain to provide all the parts…the reader will want and need to see.…You've shown the reader why you are recommending…your plan to solve the reader's problem.…And you've given the reader a visual image with graphics.…Certainly all of those will help…your audience understand the report,…and are part of a reader-friendly report.…
But now let's look at one final area…to help make certain the reader's first impression…of your report is a positive one.…Does it look easy to read?…Those visuals you included combine pictures…with written copy to allow the reader a break…from reading word after word.…But other reader-friendly elements also need to be used.…First, look at the Readability Index of the report.…Although various readability formulas are available,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Examining types of reports: formal to informal
- Writing the cover or title page
- Writing an introduction and body copy
- Writing a strong ending
- Doing research
- Writing outlines
- Revising and proofreading<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Writing Recommendationswith Judy Steiner-Williams10m 57s Intermediate
1. Examining Types of Business Reports
2. Exploring the Parts of a Report
3. Preparing to Write
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.