Join Jonah Berger for an in-depth discussion in this video Making people look good, part of Jonah Berger on Viral Marketing.
…So imagine you're in New York City, looking for a place to eat.…It's late one Saturday afternoon, your…stomach's rumbling a little bit, you're hungry.…When you see a big hot dog shaped sign, out in front of a…restaurant, with the words eat me written on it, in what look like mustard.…You say to yourself, I haven't had a hot dog in a while, I'll check this place out.…So you walk down a flight of stairs into a restaurant called Crif Dogs.…Now if you like hotdogs, you'll be in heaven.…Crif Dogs…has every hot dog you can imagine.…From a good morning hot dog with bacon, eggs, and…cheese, a little rough on the stomach but interesting nonetheless.…
Another hot dog with green onions and pineapple.…Or traditional New York-style water dog, with just ketchup and mustard.…So you're sitting there, you're munching on your hot dog,…when you notice something unusual in the corner of the room.…Almost looks like a phone booth, like one…of those things that Clark Kent might change…into to, to become Superman.…So just for kicks, finish up your hot dog, and walk inside.…
- Summarize the advantages of word-of-mouth advertising.
- Identify the six STEPPS to getting people to share.
- Explain the effects of a trigger.
- Describe the function of social proof.
- Recall the most effective strategies for spreading a marketing message.
- Recognize two components in a story meant to help spread a business message.