Join Wayne Cascio for an in-depth discussion in this video Making the business case for diversity, part of Human Resources Foundations.
- The concept of diversity,…all the things that make us different from each other,…is more than just a passing blip…on the corporate conscience.…Diversity is not just things you can see,…like age and gender, race and ethnicity,…it's also the many things you can't see,…like experience, field of education,…where you grew up, your personality type…and cultural influences that affect…how you think and what you believe.…Diversity is not just something a company…should have, or ought to have,…it's something that virtually all companies already do have.…
Many companies view it as a major competitive factor,…and something to celebrate…and to leverage to their advantage.…As MGM Resorts says, "We are at our most effective…"as an organization when we are at our most inclusive."…Likewise, IBM proclaims proudly, "We learned early on…"that fostering diversity is not only the right thing…"to do for society, but for business as well."…In this video I want to share with you…five key trends in organizations and in markets…that comprise the business case for diversity.…
- Explore the parallels between HR strategy and business strategy.
- Identify four approaches to talent management.
- Recognize the factors that support the business case for diversity.
- Recall the key features of effective training and career development programs.
- Review the principles of effective performance management.
- Identify the difference in cost between domestic and international employees.