Join Peter High for an in-depth discussion in this video Making IT strategic, part of Creating Your IT Strategy.
- View Offline
- Bob Willett, who went from chief information officer…of Best Buy to chief executive officer…of Best Buy International that now sits…on a wider array of boards around the world has said:…I love this quote.…And I'm guessing that you know this to be true…from your experience in your own company…and in the companies with which you do business.…
I'm here to say that CIOs must recognize this…to be true and seize the opportunity.…How does this apply to you and how…do you make this happen in your company?…Information technology leaders within corporations…have historically been more comfortable with tactics…than they have been with strategy.…The reasons for this harken back to a time when IT…was clearly a support organization within enterprises.…They more or less took orders from the rest…of the organization rather than driving any significant…part of the strategic priorities of the enterprise.…The best-run IT organizations were those that could…take orders quickly, fuilfill them efficiently,…and then move on to the next order.…
In this course, IT strategy consultant Peter High outlines how to create an agile IT department, measure IT performance, and create the role of business information officer. He also suggests ways in which leaders can change the organizational conversation about technology by sharing the IT mission, cocreating other departments' strategies, and finding areas of alignment.
- The changing nature of IT
- Making IT strategic
- Creating an agile IT department
- Measuring IT performance
- Cocreating other departments' strategies
- Creating an IT mission for the entire organization