Templates are a good starting place, but most of the time they are too generic. In this video, learn how to make templates customizable so that your team can write helpful, personalized customer service emails.
- When your Granny sends you a sweater for your birthday,…you always write her a thank you note, right?…But, you don't write, "Dear Relative,…"thank you for the item you sent me."…No, you write her a customized thank you note…that says, "Dear Granny Rose, thank you so much…"for the red turtleneck sweater…"you sent me for my birthday."…In a way, writing a thank you note to your Granny is…like customizing a template.…You have the thank you note template in your head…and you customize it for each relative…who sends you a birthday gift.…
Companies build their template libraries over time…and the templates are written by a variety of authors…from a variety of departments.…Templates are designed to help you write more quickly.…They include boilerplate information,…like the contact center's phone number or the return policy…so you won't have to type it every time…and they're used to make sure your team will provide…consistent information to customers.…If we all use the templates,…we'll all tell customers the same thing.…
- Reading emails carefully
- Anticipating follow-up questions
- Answering all of the customer's questions
- Handling difficult questions
- Explaining your process to the customer
- Paraphrasing the customer's situation
- Acknowledging the customer's feelings
- Apologizing when appropriate
- Avoiding clichéd language
- Demonstrating empathy and sincerity in your writing
- Building rapport
Skill Level Beginner
Managing a Customer Contact Centerwith Brad Cleveland1h 31m Intermediate
1. Answer the Customer's Question
2. Show Customers You've Read Their Email
3. If You Must Apologize, Be Sincere
4. Customize Templates to Avoid Sounding Robotic
5. Build Your Email Writing Skills to Build Your Career
Self evaluation3m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.