Learn how to ensure you make a positive first impression with your customers. Discover how to organize your store so it is well merchandized, making it convenient and easy for both you and your customers to navigate.
- You've likely heard the saying,…you never get a second chance to make a first impression.…In retail customer service, first impressions are the key…to setting the tone of a customer's experience.…You need to make the best first impression…you can on all your customers.…I was recently traveling in Italy.…As I was waiting for my flight in the Rome airport,…I noticed some high-end shops and retail stores.…I glanced at one clothing store in particular.…It was clean and bright.…Each piece of clothing was immaculately folded or hung.…
There was contemporary music playing throughout the store.…The sales associate was well manicured,…professionally dressed with a friendly smile on her face.…My first impression of this store was…what a great place to shop!…Now I didn't end up shopping since my suitcase…was already full, but my first impression,…even from a distance, was positive.…Think for a minute, what's the first impression…your customers get when they visit…your store or place of business?…Do they feel welcome?…Is your environment clean, organized, inviting?…
In this course, learn techniques to deal with upset customers, and show empathy with active listening. Instructor and customer service expert David Brownlee—the author of Rock Star Customer Service—also provides etiquette tips to ensure quality service at every point of interaction: from the moment customers walk in the door to keeping them happy while they're on hold.
- Why it matters to deliver good service
- Creating a positive attitude
- Delivering a good first impression
- Dealing with upset customers
- How to listen
- Retail etiquette, including phone etiquette