Join Doug Rose for an in-depth discussion in this video Look out for capacity in TFS, part of Agile Project Management: Comparing Agile Tools.
- [Instructor] In this video, we're going to…take a look at capacity.…Remember that Agile requires a…cross-functional, self-organized team.…You don't create a project and then…fit your people to the project.…Instead, you focus on creating an efficient team…and then run projects through the self-organized team.…TFS still puts a great deal of emphasis on…individual team members' capacity.…That's why you want to be careful how you use this feature.…To be part of an Agile team, you have to encourage everyone…to dedicate themselves full-time.…
It's the way that you maintain a sustainable velocity.…If you do want to alter individual teams members' capacity,…then you just click on this link here that says capacity.…There's a little click and a little whirl…and then we're on the capacity page.…Since I am the only developer,…I'm the only person listed here.…Now this is one of my least favorite areas of TFS…because, again, you want to be part of a…cross-functional, self-organized team,…and TFS is saying that your developers…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Remembering agile values
- Evaluating different agile tools, including cloud-based options
- Creating a backlog with Excel
- Setting up sprints in JIRA
- Portfolio planning in VersionOne
- Creating tasks in Microsoft's Team Foundation Server
- Running reports with CA Agile Central
- Checking team analytics in CA Agile Central
- Deciding which tool fits your team
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Evaluating Different Tools
2. Microsoft Excel
3. Atlassian: JIRA
5. Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
6. CA Agile Central (formerly Rally)
Log into AgilityHealth1m 27s
8. Deciding What to Use
Identify a few tools3m 13s
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.