Learn how it's easier to spot opportunities if you have clear career goals. Goals give you direction and also make you get there faster. They also make it easier for you to ensure you acquire the right skills and qualifications.
- So, there's a restructuring happening…or even maybe layoffs coming up.…What will happen to you?…You are not a lifeless twig…floating down the river of life,…unable to control your destiny.…You can control what happens to you in your life,…at least by taking opportunities when they come up,…and making sure you have the required skills…so that you're ready for those opportunities.…Many people don't even spot opportunities…when they come knocking.…Who was it that said opportunity usually comes…knocking disguised as a problem?…And often people will say…if only I'd taken that job,…if only I'd gone to Australia when I was 20,…if only I'd had the confidence to ignore my dad…and train to be doctor.…
Perhaps surprisingly the best way to make sure…that you take opportunities, in fact,…to make sure that you even spot them when they come along,…is to have clear goals…because then, if the opportunity fits your goals,…you'll notice it.…If you have a goal to sail a yacht to Australia…and someone mentions their yacht,…you'll put up your ears straightaway.…
- Why we dislike change
- Planning for change
- Developing mental toughness
- Maximizing your interpersonal skills
- Setting long-term career goals
- Pushing yourself out of your comfort zone
- What to consider if you're thinking of leaving your job
- Building up your network
- How to be low maintenance employee
- Establishing goals and plans with a new boss
- How to deal with a bad boss
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understand and Prepare for Change
4. New Initiatives or Mergers
5. New Roles, Teams, and Location
The benefits of a new role3m 25s
6. New Boss
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.