Thinking through the details of how to transition both verbally and physically is an important component of your team presentation. When it comes to planning the logistics, think STAR: setup, technology, advancing slides, and the room.
- It's easy for teams to overlook presentation logistics.…When you're presenting alone, you can decide in the moment,…but when you're presenting with other people,…you can quickly start to appear disorganized…and unprepared if you haven't planned these details.…When it comes to planning the logistics, think STAR.…Setup, technology, advancing slides, and the room.…Let's start with setup.…Will you have access to the space before the presentation?…If so, who will go to the venue and set up the presentation?…Are there handouts or materials you plan to provide?…Who on the team will distribute them?…Is the furniture in the space flexible?…If so, are there tables or chairs you'd like to move around?…What technology are you using for your presentation?…Are you bringing your own, or using technology…that's available in the venue?…When it comes to technology, remember,…if it can go wrong, it often does.…
Make sure your team has identified everything you'll need…and has coordinated who will bring what, plus backups.…I've seen teams frazzled before a presentation…
- Planning for a cohesive presentation
- Developing memorable content
- Creating a logical flow
- Building in seamless transitions between presenters
- Practicing and delivering a team presentation