Choosing where to set your business up can be a very strategic decision. Some locations will be subject to significantly higher taxes. It’s critical to understand the differences. Learn why more American corporations are Delaware-based C Corps.
- Did you ever wonder why so many US businesses…are Delaware based corporations…even though Delaware is home to less than a million people…or why Hong Kong companies…sometimes have a British Virgin Island registration?…Well, maybe you don't spend your time…wondering about these things but the bottom line…is that where your business is registered…can be a very strategic decision.…Businesses of all sizes are subject to taxes and levies…in addition to federal, state, local,…sales and value added taxes,…you could be paying indirect levies…like unemployment insurance or medical fees…and it's not just an issue for the business.…
If you're considering where to set up a business,…individual income tax rates and property taxes matter too…as you and your team will be subject to those taxes.…Now, this is very specific…based on the country, state or city where you live…but it's worth exploring whether you can register a business…in a place other than where you live…or physically do business.…If you're planning on setting up a business in the US,…
- Determine how business structure and location impact the taxes on your small business.
- Break down the different types of taxes.
- Identify ways to reduce taxable income.
- Recognize strategies to that are helpful in reducing the tax rate.
- Formulate a plan on how to best manage your small business taxes using a tax planning tool.