To be liked, learn control. Learn how to listen. Exercise these simple tips, such as "don't talk about yourself."
- Listening is a key skill when you are working…with other people, and it is really underrated.…We get taught how to talk and how to write…but not how to listen.…It's just assumed that we all have this skill.…But actually, it is really hard to do…mainly because we can think faster than people talk.…So while they are talking, we have some spare brain capacity…left over which we use to evaluate…what the other person is saying.…Before long, we're off thinking about…whether we agree with them, why they are wrong,…what they should be saying instead…and then suddenly, we realize that we have missed…a whole lot of what they have been saying.…
It requires a positive effort to just sit there and listen…without judging, predicting and planning a reply…half way through their sentence.…But if you can become a good listener,…it will bring you three significant benefits.…First, you will be like more by other people.…If you listen to them, it makes them feel important…and valued by you so they will be more inclined to like you.…
- Identify how to work effectively as a team without management.
- Develop skills for better communication and trust.
- Determine how to handle conflict on a team.
- Assess how to deliver results reliably.
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Importance of Teams
2. What Makes a Great Team?
3. Your Responsibility to Other Team Members
4. Becoming a Better Team Member
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.