Listening to your customers is a key first step to providing customer service. Jeff Toister helps you understand and practice social listening in order to understand what customers are saying about your organization online. By understanding what your customers are saying and where are they saying it you can figure out how best to help them.
- Listening is the first step…to serving customers via social media.…There are many ways to listen to customers.…Sometimes customers contact your company directly.…They might post a message directly on your Facebook wall,…or they might tweet to your company,…or even send your company a direct message.…On Twitter, you can also listen to conversations…when a customer is talking about…your company, product, or industry,…but they don't directly include you in the conversation.…For example, they might tweet about your company,…but not include your company's Twitter handle in the tweet.…
Listening to these messages is relatively easy.…Both Twitter and Facebook have some basic functionality,…such as the ability to set up a notification…when someone is talking directly to you.…There are a lot of other tools that make it even easier…to listen to what customers are saying.…Your company may already have a robust software package…that allows you to do this.…There are also some free tools to make it easier to listen…when your customers aren't directly connecting with you,…
- Identifying key social media platforms
- Communicating with customers in your brand's voice
- Listening and responding to customers on social media
- Listening to customer feedback on review sites
- Making self-service easy for customers