- In this video I'll show you…how to memorize a 10 item grocery list.…You might think it's difficult to remember…such a list especially in order,…but I want you to know that your brain…is more than capable of memorizing this list…with the help of a memory strategy.…That strategy is called the numeric peg system.…The numeric peg system can help you…memorize a list of items,…but you can also use it to remember…a presentation or things that you have read.…The reason it's called the numeric peg system…is because each number is going to get pegged to a visual,…something you can picture in your mind.…For example the number one…is going to be pegged to a pencil,…something you can easily visualize.…
I need you to remember that right now,…that number one is associated to pencil.…Why, because it has the same general shape as a pencil.…Before we worry about memorizing the 10 item list,…we need to visualize each number,…so remember that one is a pencil,…number two is going to be a swan,…again this is simply because the number two…
- Memory principles that work
- Taking notes
- Using songs and rhyming techniques to remember details
- Building a "memory palace"
- Remembering names and passwords
- Memorizing long texts and speeches
Skill Level Beginner
Business Writing Principleswith Judy Steiner-Williams1h 32m Beginner
1. Memory Principles
2. Memory Techniques
3. Using the Numeric Peg System
4. Situational Methods
Next steps1m 39s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.