Join Arianna Huffington for an in-depth discussion in this video Life tracker: Sleep and movement, part of Arianna Huffington's Thrive 03: Setting Priorities and Letting Go.
- So how is your tracking going? Last time we added movement. It becomes a little bit of a competition with myself to see how I've done day to day. I love that quote by Baryshnikov, you know, the great ballet dancer. He said, "I don't try to dance better than anyone else. "I try to dance better than myself." And that's how I feel about my tracker. Take your pie chart. So here's my pie chart. One of the things that I didn't get is eight hours two nights ago, so when I woke up I didn't have that feeling of being fully recharged that I love and that I now have 95% of the time.
But what happened, during the day I course corrected and I found 10 minutes in the afternoon when I could just meditate. And it's just kind of amazing. I think it's really miraculous, how just taking these 10 minutes reconnected me with myself, recharged me enough to feel like I had a second day. So go to your pie chart and see what learnings you have.
And also go to your priorities list and just see how are they tracking, compared to the time you actually spent on them? Do you see the time you spent on them and the importance you attach to them actually lining up, or are your obligations or your beliefs taking over your list? What have you learned about yourself with this? Start to shift your time so you can aim for the ideal way you would like to divide it, and really focus on your priorities.
And remember, no judgments when you don't do it in that perfect way, because perfection is not of this world.
- Evaluating and identifying priorities
- Focusing on your breath
- Prioritizing your goals
- Valuing your time
- Evaluating your relationships
- Tracking sleep and movement
- Considering keystone habits