Sometimes you want to use someone else's intellectual property on an engagement. Sometimes other people want to use your intellectual property. Know your rights with respect to the IP of others. Know how to protect your IP and be properly compensated for it when you license it to others. This often requires getting counsel and writing strong contracts.
- Sometimes you'll want to use someone else's…intellectual property on a consulting engagement.…Sometimes other people will want…to use your intellectual property.…Know your rights with respect to the IP of others.…Whether it's frameworks, photos, videos, or processes,…if someone else created it,…they likely own the rights to it,…and you can't use it without permission.…If you want to use it, write them and ask for permission.…You might have to pay a licensing fee…if they do allow its use.…
If they say no, respect it.…Using IP without permission is theft.…I worked with one guy who was building an app…to help people deal with bipolar disorder.…He showed me the app,…and it was amazing the amount of content he had in there.…He had treatment plans and techniques that people could use…to better manage their mental disorder.…When I asked him where he got all of his content,…if he had people on his team that were writing it…or if there were clinical studies involved,…he said, "No, there's this other company that did it,…
- Identify types of consulting business models.
- Describe revenue models.
- Explain how to estimate and manage costs.
- Price services using pricing strategies.
- Explain how to negotiate deals with clients.
- List effects of responding to RFPs.
- Identify the phases of constructing a consulting engagement.
- Present findings and implement recommendations.
- Describe different ways to manage legal issues.
Skill Level Beginner
Understanding Intellectual Propertywith Dana Robinson1h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Define Your Consulting Business
2. Marketing and Selling
3. Contract and Protect Yourself
4. Run the Consulting Engagement
5. Handle Administration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.