Join Todd Dewett for an in-depth discussion in this video Leveraging strengths across the team, part of Managing for Results.
- If there is one thing I can't stand it's wasted potential.…To ensure this doesn't happen one of your goals…as a leader is to focus on leveraging your teams strengths.…I want you to think of your team…as individuals and as a team.…Think hard about their performance over the last year…and then try to write out each individuals…main strength or two.…Then think about the overall team and write down…a word or two that captures the groups top strengths.…I wanna help you make that list as useful as possible.…
I'm gonna share with you six very simple steps…that will help you help the team the most…out of the strengths that you've just written down.…Number one, make people aware of their gifts.…Don't assume people understand their top strengths,…they might think it's project management…when it's really some technical skill.…They might think it's a particular technical skill…when their strength really is some aspect of communication.…Just remember that people don't see themselves…as others see them, they only question is whether…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identify multiple strategies for managing with results in mind.
- Explore the strengths and weaknesses of visual management.
- Recognize the key factors in building a transparent meritocracy.
- Identify methods for tuning and optimizing management processes to improve efficiency.
- Review the challenges of rapid decision making.
- List the essential elements of a post-hoc analysis.