Join Jo-Ná Williams for an in-depth discussion in this video Legal disclaimer, part of Business Law for Managers.
- Now before we get started you know we have to give you the legal info. Disclaimer. This course is taught by an attorney and addresses US law concepts that may not apply in all countries. Neither LinkedIn, including Lynda.com, nor the instructor represents you and they are not giving you legal advice. The information conveyed through this course is akin to a college or law school course. It is not intended to give legal advice, but instead to communicate information to help viewers understand the basics of the topic presented.
Taking this course does not establish an attorney/client relationship with the attorney instructor. The views and legal interpretations presented in this course do not necessarily represent the views of LinkedIn. So now you know how we roll, let's jump right in.
- Basics of employment law
- Torts and the court system
- Recognizing and mitigating risks
- When to bring in a legal professional
- What to do when facing an ethical dilemma
- Protecting your company and yourself from liability
- What constitutes wrongful discharge, harassment, and discrimination
- The corporate veil and your role as manager