Employees take leave for numerous reasons. Whether employees need time off for a vacaton, illness, work compensation, injury, or FMLA, HRIS can help manage the leave for both manager and employee.
- Employees ask for time off for all sorts of reasons.…They request time off for their vacations,…sick days, PTO, injuries, disability leave,…school meetings, bereavement leave,…family and medical leave,…and even sabbaticals.…Most companies have a process designed…for employees to request time off.…An HRAS system makes sure your process works.…Understand this, HRAS programs provide a framework…for managing leave.…
When it comes to HR strategy around compensation, leave,…or training, you have to make sure these programs work…for you.…The leave process begins with an employee request.…Before making the request,…the employee is aware of what time off they have available…for sick pay, vacation, comp time, FMLA,…and even bereavement leave.…They identify the scope of their request…and the type of time off they want.…As noted, they can also do this from a mobile phone.…
Then, the manager must approve it…or otherwise respond.…The dashboard will show who else might be out,…as well as different requests pending…and some relevant metrics…
DISCLAIMER: This course addresses US law concepts that may not apply in all countries. LinkedIn (including Lynda.com) and the instructor are not giving legal advice. Neither Linkedin (including Lynda.com) nor the instructor represent you. The information conveyed through this course is similar to a college or law school course; it is not intended to give legal advice, but instead to communicate information to help viewers understand the basics of the topic presented. The views and legal interpretations presented in this course do not necessarily represent the views of LinkedIn or Lynda.com.
- Using dashboards
- Recruiting and hiring
- Managing the onboarding process
- Payroll integration
- Managing employee leave and time off
- Using HRIS systems to support performance management
- Working with learning management systems
- Reporting and compliance