Learning management systems support a company's training efforts. Learn how those systems can manage both internal and third-party training content.
- Learning management systems do what they say they do,…they manage learning.…They often come preloaded with many training titles…and often provide the opportunity to integrate your own.…Learning management modules are designed…into very few HRIS programs.…Most of the LMS programs on the market are standalone…and integrate into a HRIS through an API.…For example, BambooHR integrates with Litmos, an LMS.…
Of the HRIS vendors we have used as examples in this course,…only Workday has its own integrated LMS.…Of course, there are other HRIS systems available…that have a learning management module.…When adding your own training content,…most programs require third-party content to be…what is known as SCORM compliant,…an acronym for Shareable Content Object Reference Model.…
SCORM is a technical standard…for developing elearning software products.…SCORM tells programmers how to write their code…so that it can play well…with other elearning software and HRIS systems.…LMS modules can manage learning for specific roles,…
DISCLAIMER: This course addresses US law concepts that may not apply in all countries. LinkedIn (including Lynda.com) and the instructor are not giving legal advice. Neither Linkedin (including Lynda.com) nor the instructor represent you. The information conveyed through this course is similar to a college or law school course; it is not intended to give legal advice, but instead to communicate information to help viewers understand the basics of the topic presented. The views and legal interpretations presented in this course do not necessarily represent the views of LinkedIn or Lynda.com.
- Using dashboards
- Recruiting and hiring
- Managing the onboarding process
- Payroll integration
- Managing employee leave and time off
- Using HRIS systems to support performance management
- Working with learning management systems
- Reporting and compliance