- List three good reasons to step down from a position.
- Name three behaviors that will help you get promoted.
- Explain how to demonstrate active listening.
- Recall an effective way to demonstrate leadership and promotability when speaking with subordinates.
- Identify a common mistake many people make when communicating with their boss.
- Determine the best way to formally ask for a promotion.
Skill Level Intermediate
- Do you want to get promoted? Well, to be promotable, you have to be more than just good at your job. - [Elizabeth] Getting promoted requires that you demonstrate you could be good at the next job. - You also need to be able to speak the language of the next role and demonstrate those somewhat fuzzy qualities we call leadership. I'm Lisa McLeod. - And I'm Elizabeth McLeod. - We work with companies all over the world on strategy, leadership and competitive differentiation. - [Elizabeth] And in this course, we'll share the key things we've observed in the field that lead to big promotions.
- [Lisa] We'll also tell you how to avoid the common mistakes that keep people from getting promotions. - We'll cover how to identify promotable conditions, communicating through a hierarchy, and how to be intentional when you ask for the promotion we know you deserve. - And we'll share what to do after you get the promotion, and how you can reinforce that promoting you was a great decision. - And we'll tell you how to handle it if you don't get that promotion you were looking for right now. - So, let's get started.