- Identifying your current mindset
- Avoiding the passive-aggressive trap
- Reducing negative emotions
- Handling everyday putdowns
- Learning to disagree by questioning
- Knowing the most effective words to use
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- Hi, I'm Chris Croft and welcome to this assertiveness course. Assertiveness is incredibly important, because it underpins everything you do, every interaction you have with other people, both at home and at work, whether it's one to one, in meetings, or with groups of friends. If you think about it, leadership requires assertiveness, time management also requires you to be assertive. And even giving a good presentation requires assertiveness. And it's hard to do, it's not a natural skill.
It's much easier to be submissive or aggressive in difficult situations, or when you're dealing with difficult people. So in this course, I'm gonna explain what assertiveness consists of, and I'm going to cover a whole lot of practical techniques, that you'll be able to use immediately. So what is assertiveness, and how can we get better at it? Let's find out.