The member will learn meaning of sigma level, including what is a six sigma level of performance.
- What is Sigma Level?…What do people mean when they say,…"this process is performing at Three Sigma,"…or "that's a Six Sigma process"?…In this movie I will discuss Sigma Level,…how it is used, and what it means to be at Two Sigma,…Three Sigma, or Six Sigma.…Let's start with what Sigma Level is.…Sigma Level is a performance metric…used to indicate the quality level…of a product, process, or service.…The higher the Sigma Level, the better the performance.…A Six Sigma Level or performance means…there are no more than 3.4 DPMO,…or defects per million opportunities.…
That's equivalent to 99.99966% good.…Here's a table showing the different levels of Sigma.…Most products, services, and processes…operate between Three and Four Sigma Levels.…As you can see, the Sigma Level scale is not linear.…Improving from Two Sigma to Three Sigma…is a five times order of magnitude…in the reduction of defects.…But improving from Three Sigma to Four Sigma…is ten times order of magnitude for reduction of defects.…
But why bother with Sigma Levels?…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is Six Sigma?
- Understanding key concepts such as Y = f(x) and sigma level
- Selecting Six Sigma projects and team members
- Planning in the Define phase
- Gathering data in the Measure phase
- Analyzing data in the Analyze phase
- Selecting and evaluating solutions in the Improve phase
- Developing a control plan in the Control phase
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Six Sigma
2. Key Concepts in Six Sigma
3. Selection of Six Sigma Projects
4. Define Phase
5. Measure Phase
6. Analyze Phase
7. Improve Phase
8. Control Phase
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.