Join Anson Alexander for an in-depth discussion in this video Learn the N, M, comma, period, and forward slash keys, part of Learning Typing (2014).
- The N, M, comma, period, and forward slash keys…are located on the bottom right side of the keyboard,…underneath the right hand's home row position.…We will use our right index finger to type the N and M keys.…Moving the right index down and slightly to the left,…brings it to the N key position,…and down and slightly to the right,…brings it to the M key position.…The next two keys are some of the…most commonly used keys on a keyboard.…
The comma key is typed with the right middle finger…by moving the middle finger down and slightly to the right.…The period key is typed with the right ring finger.…Again, down and slightly to the right.…The final key we're introducing in this video…is the forward slash key, typed with the right pinky finger.…It's a good idea to spend some extra time…when practicing the period key,…because you'll be typing the period key…in nearly every sentence.…
Because it's typed with the ring finger,…this key may be difficult to learn at first,…but because it's so commonly used,…you should become comfortable typing it…
- Summarize the most effective posture to utilize during typing.
- Identify the advantages of the DVORAK keyboard layout.
- Explain where your hands should rest on the keyboard.
- Summarize the process for effectively typing capital letters.
- Recall which finger should be used to press the function, control, option, and command keys.
- Identify the hand position used when typing using the numeric keypad.