Join Eddie Davila for an in-depth discussion in this video Lean manufacturing, part of Operations Management Fundamentals.
- View Offline
- In the crazy world in which we live…many of us do our best to keep things simple.…We develop routines, we minimize our belongings,…we eliminate clutter from our lives.…We try and find the fastest routes to our destination. Why?…We think that this will lead us to a better quality of life.…One where we can make fewer mistakes,…better utilize our resources.…It might even give us more time…to evaluate new opportunities.…Plus, if we do make mistakes, an organized lifestyle…provides a better environment to develop solutions versus…finding solutions in a life already filled with chaos.…
Companies want the same things.…They want predictable outcomes, low inventories,…minimal waste, high quality, and they also want…an organized workplace that is conducive…to finding and fixing problems.…This is the heart of what companies call lean manufacturing.…Giving the customer what they want,…but doing it without any waste.…That's a tough task, isn't it?…Actually, it's even tougher than you would think. Why?…Well, because the customer constantly changes…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding operations management
- Making key inventory decisions
- Balancing holding costs and ordering costs
- Choosing a production strategy and facility layout
- Managing waiting-line systems
- Defining quality and improving quality
- Managing business processes
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Operations
2. Managing Inventory
3. Managing Production of Products and Services
4. Managing Waiting Lines
5. Managing Quality
6. Operations at the Office
Wrap up2m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.