Get an introduction to Work-Outs and Kaizen events.
- Have you ever wished, if you could only…gather the right people together,…put them all in a room,…and pick their brains to address a problem…or improve a work area or process?…Well, now you can.…It's called a Kaizen, Work-out,…Lean or Rapid Improvement Event.…Kaizen comes from the Japanese.…Loosely translated it's "change for the better"…or simply put, improvement.…Sometimes it is called a Lean event,…a Rapid Improvement Event or a Work-out.…
The term "Work-out" was coined at GE.…It's actually to take unnecessary work out of the process.…To streamline and make it more efficient.…Kaizen is a well-organized, structured…and facilitated event to improve a work area,…a department, a process, or an entire value stream.…These events can vary from one to five days,…depending on the objective and scope of the Kaizen.…Such as to understand how the value stream flows,…or does not flow due to mistakes, delays,…and bottlenecks in order to improve it.…
Prioritize what is important to customers of a value stream…in order to identify key process metrics.…
Note: This course does not cover general meeting facilitation. It is specific to planning Work-Outs and Kaizen events. Any prerequisite training in the Operational Excellence and Six Sigma learning paths should be completed beforehand.
- Determine the purpose of a generalized scope statement.
- Identify the step in an agenda that tells participants if they are needed at the event.
- List the sections of a detailed agenda used to map a value stream.
- Name three helpful ways to generate solutions after mapping the value stream in a Kaizen event.
- Recognize when an FMEA workout is necessary.
- Recall the purpose of a solutions workout.