Ready to lead? Learn the key things you need to know to facilitate a customer journey mapping workshop. This is where all your planning and prep collides with your customer's perspective.
- Your customer experience dream team is going to join you…for a journey-mapping workshop.…Here's how it works.…In an ideal world, you'll have plenty of space.…Preparing the room for a lot…of interaction can be done a few different ways.…A common technique is using big stretches of paper on walls…to represent the phases of the customer journey…and Post-it Notes to represent everything going on…inside each phase.…Your job as the facilitator is…to keep the conversation squarely focused on the customer.…
To do that you'll want to start by having some key points…in the journey already mapped out.…Once the paper is up and the phases…of the journey are outlined, you need…to create some rows where your customer champions…can add their insights and opinions.…Many journey maps include the following structure.…The journey phases: awareness through advocacy…or whatever scope you are exploring.…Customer-desired actions: Open a bank account…is an example of an action.…
Thinking/feeling/doing: Remember, these are…those I statements from the customer's perspective.…
- Explain the characteristics of a customer journey map.
- Identify the group of people best suited to validate the findings of a customer journey map and to get additional input.
- Summarize the importance of touchpoints when creating a customer journey map.
- List the steps in the process of building a customer journey map.
- Recognize examples of “moments of truth.”