Join Anil Gupta for an in-depth discussion in this video Leading for growth, part of Designing Growth Strategies.
- Given their authority and power,…people who sit at the apex of the organization…have an outsized impact on whether…or not the company is able to grow.…What types of leaders, in terms of their…backgrounds and behaviors, are more…likely to foster the company's ability to…grow profitably on an ongoing basis?…It is important that the leadership team include…a mix of explorers as well as exploiters.…
The term "explorer" refers to people…who are inherently very curious and…constantly look for new opportunities.…In terms of their backgrounds,…explorers are more likely to have…demonstrated a track record of growing…the businesses that they were managing,…and for driving disruptive innovations.…The late Steve Jobs symbolized exploration.…
The same could be said for Tesla's Elon Musk.…The term "exploiter" refers to people who…tend to be somewhat conservative and less…comfortable with risk taking and change.…In terms of their backgrounds, exploiters…are more likely to have demonstrated a…preference for incremental innovations and for…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recognize the problems a company may encounter if it does not achieve growth.
- Identify high-potential opportunities for growth.
- Identify new customers for existing products.
- Use assessment screens to choose the best opportunity.
- Evaluate partnerships and acquisitions as mechanisms to fuel growth.
- Break down the components of an effective and growth-minded leadership team.