Learn how to apply credibility skills and techniques to a large room scenario. Find out how a polished presenter handles a large and conservative crowd when he is dressed far differently—and when the event host abandons him at the last minute.
- Now, let's walk through a case study…of how to develop credibility in a large room.…Let's take a look at how a man,…named Tracy Tiano, develops his credibility…in the first 30 seconds of a speech.…Tracy will be delivering a 20-minute presentation…at a large all-day conference.…Chris, the person who was supposed to introduce Tracy,…phoned in to say she can't make it.…It's nine in the morning, and Tracy…is the first speaker on the lineup.…The audience is mostly middle-aged oil industry…professionals in formal business suits.…
Tracy did some audience research.…He knows his audience is conservative.…He also scanned headlines to discover…that oil prices are down, but only a little.…When he steps on stage, he notices the room is very quiet.…No one is talking or laughing.…And, Tracy, he's dressed in a hoodie and jeans.…He goes on stage and makes eye contact…with a person near the center of the audience.…He guesses his audience is looking at him with curiosity,…because he's dressed so differently.…
Tracy looks at a man near the center of the room…
- Explain the benefits of making eye contact.
- Identify how to earn credibility with your audience.
- List ways to introduce yourself to an audience.
- Define "reading the room".
- Use body language effectively.
- Describe how to handle difficult audiences.