Does your career give your life meaning and purpose? Should it? If your job doesn’t align with your personal mission, vision, and values or if your job is just a paycheck to you and you’d like that to change, this video helps you identify what’s bothering you so you know what to fix.
- Liking or even loving your job…is a relatively new concept.…Employers probably remember the good old days…when employees came to work every day, were never late,…did their jobs faithfully and loyally, and never complained.…At least that's what we've been told.…True or not, that era is over.…Now we want to love what we do.…We want our jobs to foster the passion within us,…but realistically that's not always possible.…What motivates you and brings you joy…are usually things that align with your personal…mission, vision, and values.…
And what we're passionate about can change with time,…so it's unrealistic to expect a company and a job…to meet these new expectations.…Also because jobs that ignite your passion…are usually heart-centered work,…in many scenarios your earning potential is lower.…So if you find yourself in this quandary,…maybe consider this.…Passion doesn't always have to come…from the job that pays you.…Let's say, for example, that it's important for you to find…meaningful work helping homeless youth…
- Recognize what you can do to become ready to transition into a new career.
- Explain what you could do if you know what job you want but just aren’t sure you meet the qualifications to obtain it.
- Recall what it requires to get on the right path if you are sure you’re in the wrong career.
- Recognize how feedback can help you with your decision to change your career.
- Identify what internal networking at your current job has to do with making a career change and leaving that job.