- Preparation is essential when it comes to communicating…with confidence, especially if the conversation is difficult…and especially, if it's an important presentation.…Strong content is critical.…A confident communicator without meaningful content…is quickly exposed regardless of how good…their speaking skills may be.…What every communicator needs are messages.…Messages are what we want people to come away with.…First, simple words always work best.…
As I like to say don't talk fancy.…That means use words so simple that someone with English…as a third language understands everything you say.…The next important element to creating messages…is to use short sentences,…and I must tell you for many people that's not easy…because we often use conjunctions to link our thoughts,…which by itself elongates the sentence…and those conjunctives include and, but, which, rather,…however, because, whereas, and respect of,…and the end of this sentence becomes elusive,…and racing brain syndrome is responsible for some of it,…
- Organizing your thoughts
- Speaking slowly, naturally, and confidently
- Breathing properly
- Using your body to reinforce speech
- Managing facial expressions
- Handling nervousness
- Voice modulation, eye contact, and gestures
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Be a Better Communicator
2. Honing Your Message
3. Say It Like You Mean It
4. Look Like You Mean It
5. Confronting Anxiety
6. In Action
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.