Many different groups are involved in your contracting process. Purchasing, business unit executives, Legal, Regulatory, and Finance can play critical roles in the process and have a large impact on the contract you ultimately sign. Know who has decision making and signoff authority for all points of the contracting process.
- A lot of different groups will be involved…in your contracting process.…Business unit executives, purchasing, legal,…regulatory and finance can play critical roles…and have a large impact on the ultimate contract you sign.…Business unit executives…are usually the first people you'll work with…since they're the ones interested…in purchasing your services.…You'll cover high-level contract and commercial terms…with them like project scope and pricing.…Once it's clear that you'll be working with a client,…ask these executives to put you in touch with the people…who conduct supplier onboarding…so you can get that process started.…
That can take a long time.…Purchasing or procurement will be your primary contact…for contracting discussions.…They're usually the ones…who you'll negotiate contract terms with…for an MSA, SOW, TO, or services agreement.…They'll coordinate the involvement…from other groups like legal.…Purchasing people are experts…at negotiating these contracts.…They do it all day every day.…Typically, there's a team that focuses…
- Identify effective consulting contracting techniques.
- Explain how to evaluate an attorney for legal counsel.
- Compare and contrast different types of major contracts.
- List the major players in a contracting process.
- Define payment terms.
- Define warranties and liability.
- Scope a consulting engagement.
- Describe how to negotiate major contract points.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Start the Contracting Process
Register as a supplier2m 31s
2. Understand Contract Elements
3. Define Your Project
4. Negotiate the Contract
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.