Join Eddie Davila for an in-depth discussion in this video Key inventory decisions, part of Operations Management Foundations.
- Do you get you drinking water out of the faucet,…or do you buy bottled water?…Let's say you buy bottled water.…How do you buy it?…Cases of 24 bottles?…One gallon jugs?…Or maybe you refill a five gallon container…at a water station.…Let's keep it simple and say you buy the one gallon jugs.…How many would you buy at a time?…Well first, you'd probably need to know…how much water is needed at your house each day.…Let's say you household goes through one gallon per day.…Okay. Now we know the demand.…
How many would you by at a time?…Five at a time?…Maybe seven?…Sounds reasonable.…If you go to the grocery store once a week,…get the seven gallons you'll need…before your next grocery visit.…Buy why not get all the water you need…at one time for the year?…Why not get 365 gallons of water at once?…Let's explore that really odd option.…What would have to happen?…Get to the store and grab a cart.…Well, probably a convoy of carts.…
Push your convoy of carts down the water aisle…as people stare at you and probably laugh at you, too.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding operations management
- Making key inventory decisions
- Balancing holding costs and ordering costs
- Choosing a production strategy and facility layout
- Managing waiting-line systems
- Defining quality and improving quality
- Managing business processes
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Procurementwith Bob McGannon1h 24m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Qualitywith Bob McGannon1h 22m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Operations
2. Managing Inventory
3. Managing Production of Products and Services
4. Managing Waiting Lines
5. Managing Quality
6. Operations at the Office
Wrap up2m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.