In this video tutorial, Angela shares what the most critical competencies of an agile product owner are. She touches on the basics, and then goes deeper into value thinking and analysis, as well as facilitation. She discusses how value thinking and facilitation skills make a huge difference in agile team results.
- The product owner role is challenging and exciting,…and it takes a skilled professional to define…and guide the creation of strategic and inspiring products.…Among the many critical skills needed are…relationship skills, analytical skills,…decision making skills, and leadership…and communication skills.…In addition, I find successful product owners…also focus on other critical but often neglected…and misunderstood skills like value analysis…and facilitation.…
These skills along with the others just mentioned,…set great products apart.…First, let's look at value thinking and analysis.…How will your team benefit from a consistent focus on value…from a person who truly understands how to find,…communicate, and deliver value?…Value should be front of mind for all product owners…at all times.…Like guard dogs of value, they ensure the team…understands how features, stories, and sprints…benefit the end user and the organization.…
When product owners hit the mark on value analysis,…they influence the market, the competition,…
- Identify the goals of a product owner on an agile team.
- Explore the essentials of an agile roadmap.
- Examine the elements of an agile planning overview.
- Identify key agile product owner competencies.
- Recognize the fundamentals of the experimenting and prototyping phase of agile planning.
- Discover common myths of agile product ownership.