- Define key account management.
- Explain the key account management process.
- Develop criteria for key account status.
- Identify a vision, mission, and strategic focus.
- Measure key account results.
Skill Level Intermediate
- A company's most important asset is its base of loyal customers. But some loyal customers are more important than others, and they need special attention to retain them and get more business. That's why we call them key accounts, and they need to be managed aggressively and competently to contribute to your company's long-term success. I'm Drew Boyd. I've been in industry for over 30 years. I teach sales and marketing concepts to graduate students, and I help companies around the world improve their commercial effectiveness.
In this course, I'll share with you how and why to set up a key account management program and why it's a separate activity from the sales function. I'll explore the best way to select key accounts, hire and train key account managers, and how to implement programs that will make your company an indispensable partner. So let's get started.