Determine the agenda and tools required to remove waste and streamline the process flow.
- The process is wasteful.…You have been assigned by management…to lead and facilitate a lean six sigma…work-out and Kaizen event to streamline this process.…Unlike our example in the value stream map and Kaizen event,…where the purpose was just to map the process,…here the mandate is to improve it, so bear that in mind.…Start planning your events at least three weeks out.…Depending on the size and complexity of the process,…you might use two or more days.…
Here's a simple, sample agenda.…You can see here Day 1 takes you from walking the process…all the way to mapping the future state process.…Day 2 is dedicated to operationalizing the future state.…All the integrated details such as control plans…and standard work procedures.…After developing the agenda,…you need to invite the right people to the event.…So, who should you invite?…Everyone in the process?…No.…
Yes, you should invite those who know the process,…but not everyone.…Invite process owners and key operators from the process…in addition to subject matter experts, or SMEs.…
Note: This course does not cover general meeting facilitation. It is specific to planning Work-Outs and Kaizen events. Any prerequisite training in the Operational Excellence and Six Sigma learning paths should be completed beforehand.
- Planning a Work-Out or Kaizen event
- Who to invite
- Creating a detailed agenda
- Value stream mapping and analysis
- Streamlining and waste reduction Kaizen
- 5S Kaizen
- Voice of the customer Work-Out
- FMEA Work-Out
- Process metrics and control Work-Out