Personal branding expert Lida Citroën shows you how to present yourself to employers in the best light, from your resume to your social media presence, to your interview attire. Lida also shares best practices for finding and applying to jobs, and setting yourself up for success before graduation. She helps you understand how to use social media strategically to network with future coworkers and mentors, and research the companies you really want to work for. Her advice is focused on helping you find a good fit with an employer that matches your passion, salary requirements, and values.
- Selling "you" and building your brand
- Leveraging an internship
- Finding your network
- Identifying your ideal employer
- Finding jobs online and in person
- Competing with others
- Writing resumes and cover letters
- Acing the interview
Skill Level Beginner
- In today's world, more than 50% of the population is under age 30. As a recent college graduate, or even if you graduated a few years ago, you will soon realize that you are competing for jobs against those of us that are (coughs) over 30 years old. Generations ahead of you have learned powerful tools like personal branding, and reputation management, so we can keep ourselves competitive to hiring managers and employers, but you're in luck, because in this course, I'm going to show you how to use personal branding to build your career strategy, to help you find a job, and to make sure that you present yourself effectively in social media.
I'm Lida Citroen, founder of Lida360, a reputation management firm, and I'm gonna take a guess, and say that if you're under 30, you probably already have a natural sense for the online community, you grew up with it, but are you using it strategically, or more socially? Are you connecting with high school and college friends on LinkedIn? Have you started researching hiring managers and the companies where you want to work? Have you paid attention to your Instagram, Snapchat, or Facebook feeds to be sure they are not showing up as offensive to people of different generations? There's a lot of great advice out there for college graduates, but in this course, I'm gonna show you how to take control, and create a plan for you that meets your goals, and supports your passion, while you collect a paycheck.