Understand the importance of using iteration to refine your idea into a compelling recommendation
- With the structured thought process,…you need to follow the steps in sequence, don't jump ahead.…That said, it's an iterative method.…You'll get to one step of the process,…learn a new piece of information,…and go back to a prior step.…You're going to be constantly refining your idea…and refining your recommendation based on new information…you get in future steps of the process.…There are two steps of the process where you're going…to find yourself iterating more than others.…
The first step that will send you back to prior steps…is discussing and refining the story with key stakeholders.…The reason this happens is you're going out…with your preliminary idea and your initial storyline…and asking people for input.…You have to be prepared for them to say,…"Well, actually that's the wrong question.…"Go back and think it about it again."…Or maybe they'll say, "We looked at that idea last year,…"and it didn't work.…"You may want to do it this way."…You're going to go back to a prior step…and refine your idea.…
The second step of the process…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recall how to use the Structured Thought and Communication method.
- Identify the best architectural style for your idea.
- Explore strategies for choosing the right title.
- Recognize efficient ways to prove and disprove hypotheses.
- Recall methods for conducting an analysis.
- Identify the most salient facts.
- Explore how to best finalize a presentation.