Join Jana Trantow for an in-depth discussion in this video Investor is interested, part of How to Pitch to Investors.
- In this video we'll cover what you should prep for…now that an investor is interested,…or in other words, how to keep the momentum going.…The first part of this process is discussing…the terms of the deal with the investor.…Does the investor wanna be the lead investor?…If so, this is the investor you need to work with…to set the overall terms of the deal.…What kind of value do you wanna put on the company?…You should have a ballpark of what your…company's valued at this point,…but your lead investor will work with you…to find out what is reasonable on both sides.…What are the financial terms of the deal?…At this point, you'll wanna talk to…the investor and your lawyer to find out if…a convertible note or a standard price deal…makes more sense for you at this stage.…
What other investors do you want involved?…Keep your lead and other investors aware of each other.…Specifics about who runs the company.…Are you just co-founders now and haven't defined roles?…You'll need to determine how management is structured.…
- What are the different types of investors?
- How to connect to investors
- Knowing your pitch, your value, and your competition
- Preparing the pitch
- What happens after the pitch