Join Simon T. Bailey for an in-depth discussion in this video Investing in the whole person, part of Building Business Relationships.
- View Offline
Working professionals commit to moving the business forward and become…known for the value they create and the difference they make.…Your goal is to engage them and to build a lifetime relationship.…To do this, follow the guidelines of LISTEN.…Listen stands for Learn, Inspire, Seek, Tell, Educate, and Notice.…Lets begin with learn.…Learn represents how the person takes in information.…Everyone is different and you are responsible for engaging their interest.…
For example, if a person learns visually then the best…way to engage them is through pictures, PowerPoint or visual aids.…When an individual is auditory, its best to…clarify if they understand what is being said.…If they are hands on,…you might want to have hand outs or take aways.…The best way to understand how they learn is to observe them.…For instance, if they tend to draw or demonstrate with visual…aids, this may be a good indication they are visual learner.…
Next is Inspire.…Inspire an individual by saying something positive and uplifting.…Let them know that you appreciate…
Discover how you can build meaningful rapport, set yourself up for visibility and success, manage up when you don't click, develop executive presence, and cross-train within a team to better serve the organization.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding the four key business relationships
- Building relationships in person and virtually
- Supporting your manager's objectives
- Articulating your needs to your manager
- Managing up
- Communicating with difficult team members
- Resolving cross-department conflict
- Identifying mentors and sponsors
- Making first impressions with executives<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.